As a mother, father, coach, private sports coach, teacher or family member, we are often looking for fun activities to do with our kids that takes up relatively little space, is not only entertaining and fun but can also sneak in something beneficial, educational and/or improves something they need to work on.
For those of us with kids that like (and NEED) to move, are gifted athletically/striving toward athletic prowess, there is a little secret toy that many coaches and experts often pull out of their secret skill arsenal.
Enter, the Crazy Ball This ball has been around for decades and has helped turn lazy kids into active ones, quiet times into giggling and laughing times, random afternoons into crazy competitions, and, mediocre athletes with little ability to react and little coordination into movement and agility machines.
With its 6 sides it can bounce, leap, and pop in a million different directions and its your job to catch the ball on a given number of bounces. For example, “Hey, Charlie, let it bounce twice then catch it… Now, three times and then catch it..” Continually try to build up and catch on the given number of bounces and create competitions with your kids or among your kids friends.
So, the next time you need an easy activity (also great to pack on vacation as it is small and compact and fun for adults too (I promise its a workout if you play with your kids and the laughter and bonding is contagious) bring along the crazy ball.
Directions and benefits below!
- Helps improve reaction time (great for tennis, baseball, soccer and squash, ice hockey)
- Supports hand-eye coordination and development (great for football, tennis, baseball, soccer, squash, lacrosse,
- Increases overall agility and footwork (obvious, no?)
- Improves concentration (focussing on the ball and on improvement in situations where there is no predicability of what will happen!
- As many players can participate
- Each round a different player can be the leader
- Decide on the number of bounces (each person can get a chance, or you can all go for the same ball or challenge each other and see how far up you can go as a team)
- Get in “ready position” which is usually very similar throughout sports
- Focus your eyes on the ball and/or eyes of the challenger
- The leader drops the ball usually from shoulder height and decide whose turn it is to “go for” the ball
For additional and advanced crazy ball games and products please do not hesitate to reach out!